Saturday, November 23, 2013

Making a Boat a Home

There's nothing that quite says 'this room is mine' like painting it. Especially if you are painting it something other than white.

I spent all of today thinking about painting, going all around London buying paint, and then painting. I've still not finished, but I've made a decent start...

This is the view standing in the back corner of my room

This is the view standing at the door to my room

This, apparently, is my bed frame. If you can't tell, that's a door hoisted up on top of a welded steel structure. 

The one wall with a second coat so far - looking remarkably smooth and even!

Back to the boat tomorrow for round two. To build some suspense, let me simply say that there is something very special about this paint, to be revealed on moving in day! Any guesses?

No comments:

Post a Comment