Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Purging: Part II

Books taken care of, I've moved on to clothes, stuff, and things.

Pulling bags and boxes out of the closet, and tearing through my wardrobe, I'm surprised by the volume of stuff I have that I don't even know I have. Dresses worn once for a party, uncomfortable shoes, a veritable plethora of hats and random accessories that clog up unseen space. I am surprised that I moved all of this out when I moved into my own place.

Not quite sure of where else to go, I've listed my stuff on eBay. First time I have tried selling anything there that wasn't work related. I'd like to rehome as much of this stuff mountain as possible. If eBay fails me, I'll look to Gumtree next, and whatever remains will come with me to the boot sale and then on to the charity shop.

I'll report my results here. So far, I've had one bid on one lot for £10. That's £10 to the kitty, sitting me at £40 so far in my mission to sell most of my worldly possessions. Part of me has a strange anxiety about letting go - what if I need one of these things in a few months? A greater part of me, though, is already feeling the relief of knowing that, one way or another, soon these things will be gone. I'll be lighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment